I was pleasantly surprised to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Rupali Goyal. People often ask what inspires me to blog. Mostly, it’s because I want to share my experiences but just as often it’s because I want to mark time and make memories. I return to my articles again and again, reminding myself of experiences and feelings. Knowing that there are others who value the same moments in my life is heart warming.
I usually visit the site of those who like my posts. This is how I discovered Rupali’s lovely blog. It is a vibrant collection of writing and photography and well worth a visit. Rupali’s blog truly is a ray of sunshine on any day. Do check out her amazing blog ‘Full of Dreams’ here: https://rupaligoyal.wordpress.com
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
Here are my answers to Rupali’s questions along with my answers.
- Describe yourself in 3 lines. I know a lot of people. Very few know me. I’m looking to rewrite my history.
- What is the one most important thing in your life? My marriage.
- What gives your heart genuine happiness? Seeing and experiencing acts of love and generosity. Seeing people take the chance to share their heart’s desire and having it, and themselves, accepted by another. It’s rarer than you may think.
- What is your wildest dream? To help entire communities heal from trauma.
- What do you do when you feel completely broken and drained? Retreat to the safety of my home. Eat and take a nap. I’m working to incorporate a prayer, meditation and walking practice during this time of need. But all of these things require a willingness to be within myself, part of the one and yet outside among others. It’s a delicate balance.
- What is your biggest weakness? Self indulgence.
- Name 3 of your favorite foods. Banana Pudding, french fries, steak.
- About what would you prefer to talk about the most? Movies.
- Do you take being extra emotional as a positive point or a negative point? Depends on the situation.
- What is the one trait that attracts you the most when you meet someone new? Authenticity. Even if they are a jerk, at least I know where I stand.
- What is your all time favorite quote? “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” ~Mark Twain
And here are my questions to the new nominees:
- What is your favorite memory?
- If money was not a factor, what would your life look like?
- What inspires you to blog?
- Who has impacted your life the most and why?
- When was the last time you cried?
- When was the last time you felt joy?
- If you had to choose one goal from your bucket list, what would it be?
- How do you imagine the world 30 years from now?
- If you had magical powers and could solve one problem, what would it be?
- What do you want to share about yourself?
- Do you have a secret you will take to your grave?
Here are the Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Thanks a lot for reading, friends. Much Love!